England’s Lane Restaurant Ltd registered address is 2 England’s Lane, Belsize Park, London, NW3 4TG Company registration number 11952985.
England’s Lane is committed to protecting your privacy. We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the relevant Data Protection and GDPR regulations.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
To help you easily navigate this policy, we have split it into a number of sections.
2.How we use your information
This section tells you how we collect and use your personal data obtained from the website. Information we collect about you includes your name, email, phone number, billing address and payment information.
Specifically, we may use such personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To effectively deliver our click and collect food and drink ordering service. After you place an order on our website you will need to make payment for your order that you have made. In order to process your payment, we use Stripe, a third-party payment processor. Your payment will be processed by Stripe, who collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies.
- To inform and update you on any relevant communications relating to our products and services
- To enable guest WiFi services, this service is offered by a third party on behalf of England’s Lane
Our website also has a contact form which allows you to get in touch with us and permits you to enter your name and email address. We also have a careers page, which allows you to upload your CV should you wish to apply for any career opportunities within England’ Lane.
3.Lawful basis for processing personal information
We only process personal information where we have a valid and lawful basis for doing so and remain in full compliance with Article 6 of the GDPR. The following areas of lawful basis apply for our specific purposes:
User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you have placed an order using Click and Collect or completed a website enquiry form. You can manage your preferences by contacting our GDPR lead on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest as a business to process personal information. Our legitimate interests in processing include: to deliver food ordering and take away services and to better understand our business and customers and to continue to improve our services.
Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you have made a purchase for food using click and collect.
4.Why does England’s Lane need to collect and store personal data?
We will only collect and use your personal information, if we are satisfied that we have a legitimate interest to do so and this will be mainly for the purposes of processing your individual click and collect orders.
Customers of England’s Lane will be required to share certain personal data such as: Name, email, phone number, address, payment details to place food or drink orders.
The information we collect will be used for the following reasons:
- To enable us to process your order and to collect payment
- To enable us to contact you regarding your order, respond to any customer service inquiries and capture your feedback
- Allow you to participate in features of our website and other services
- Analyse how customers are using the click and collect system for internal marketing and research purposes.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
5.Will England’s Lane share my personal data with anyone else?
We will not disclose your personal data to any other party other than in accordance with this Policy.
6.How will England’s Lane retain the information it collects about me ?
England’s Lane (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
It is our current policy to retain personal data for as long as necessary and for as long as we are legally required to do so. After this time all personal data, whether in hard copy or in electronic form, will be destroyed.
This retention periods may be extended or reduced if we deem it necessary, for example, to defend legal proceedings or if there is an on-going investigation relating to the information or to comply with relevant HMRC processing regulations.
We use smart technologies to safeguard your data and operate strict security standards and procedures to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
7.Under what circumstances will England’s Lane contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
8.Can I find out the personal data that England’s Lane holds about me?
England’s Lane, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If England’s Lane, does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of In It Together Fund or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
9. What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
The In It Together Fund accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill, Credit Card/Bank Statement from the previous 3 months
England’s Lane Restaurant is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR regulations.
We may update or amend this privacy notice from time to time and will document changes made below.
Change History Record
Issue 1 – Initial Release – England’s Lane- July 2020
Issue 2 – Updated – October 2020
Contact details of the GDPR Leader
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch with our GDPR lead on the details below:
Address: Serendipity House
106 Arlington Road
Email: +44 (0)20 7691 8800